Global IC design teams today work around the clock to meet tight deadlines with limited resources. The adoption of IC Design Management systems that guarantee the most up-to-date design content is available to all design team members on-demand continues to grow.
This report covers the results of a worldwide Global Design Management survey that was executed during March 2009 and the implications of those findings. The topics covered are:
- Design Management Implementation Plans for 2009
- Designers’ Time Spent on Design Management Issues
- Design Management Issues Impact on Project Deadlines and Tapeouts
- Primary Justifications for Implementing a Design Management System
- Major Obstacles to Deploying a Design Management System
- Potential ROI impact of findings
II. Survey Methodology and Demographics
A blind, anonymous survey was emailed to several thousand participants by an outside research consultancy. 416 IC design professionals completed the survey online. Survey respondents were comprised of:
Digital designers CAD managers
Full custom designers Verification engineers
Software/Firmware developers Project Managers
Engineering Managers FPGA designers
The 416 respondents included significant representation across the major geographic regions of the semiconductor industry.